Through the Human Services and Public Health Department Redesign, we intend to produce better outcomes for our customers and, within 5 years, become a model of service integration. Accomplishing this, during a time of changing funding priorities and public expectations about government will not be easy.
We will be:
Human Services and Public Health Department
The Human Services and Public Health Department is part of the services structure of Hennepin County.
Call the Front Door Access for:
Any questions about Social Services in Hennepin County
- Information and Referral
- Developmental Disability Services
- Children's Mental Health
- Adult Behavioral Health (Mental and Chemical Health)
- And more!
Cash / Food / Financial Assistance
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)
- Diversionary Work Program (DWP)
- Minnesota Supplemental Assistance (MSA)
- General Assistance (GA)
- Emergency Assistance (EA)
- Food Support (Food Stamps)
Health Care Assistance
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- General Assistance Medical Care (GAMC)
Other Social Services:
- Child Protection Services
- Adult Protection Services
- Commitment Screening/Pre-Petition Screening
- Adoption Program
- Services to Immigrants/Refugees
Other Financial Services:
- Child Support Services
- Child Care Assistance
- Employment Services
- Veterans’ Service
- Child Care Licensing
- Foster Care Licensing - Children
- Foster Care Licensing - Adult
- Aging and Disability Services
- Child and Teen Checkups
- Refugee Health Screening
- Immunization Services
- Communicable Disease Questions
- Health Care for the Homeless: 612-348-5553
- HIV and STD Testing (Red Door Clinic)
Hennepin County Government Center
300 South Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55487
Health Services Building
525 Portland Ave. So.
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Century Plaza Building
330 South 12th Street
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55404
The Human Services and Public Health Department was created effective January 1, 2004 by integrating services previously offered through six departments: Training and Employment Assistance; Community Health; Veterans’ Service; Health and Community Initiatives; Children, Family and Adult Services; and Economic Assistance.
The mission of the Hennepin County Human Services and Public Health Department is to strengthen individuals, families and communities by increasing safety and stability, promoting self-reliance and livable income, and improving the health of our communities.
- strengths and assets; and we build on these resources with the people and communities that we serve.
- diversity; and we treat people with respect and dignity.
- the contributions of others; and we commit to our role as part of the community safety net.
- results and outcomes; and we strive to provide integrated services.
- financial responsibility and innovation; and we use evidence-based results to help guide our priorities and measure our success.