6100 Golden Valley Road
Golden Valley, MN 55422
Located in Minneapolis, LDA of Minnesota is the state’s leading nonprofit educational agency helping children, youth and adults with learning disabilities and related learning difficulties.
Services include diagnostic assessments, tutoring, consultations, family literacy activities, school-to-work transition programming, parent and professional training, public education and quality educational products. LDA programs aim to:
- Provide academic success for at-risk learners
- Train educators to improve teaching and learning
- Empower youth to become self-sufficient adults
- Strengthen families and communities to support individuals with learning disabilities and related learning difficulties
- Help individuals understand how they learn and strategies to improve their learning
LDA, at the address above, is located in the Parkdale Complex - Building II, on the Southwest corner of Highways 394 and 100.
Three professional educators founded Learning Disabilities Association, Inc. (LDA), originally incorporated as a nonprofit organization in 1967 under the name of Education for Learning Disabilities, Inc.. In 2003, LDA of Minnesota became the state affiliate of LDA of America, a volunteer, parent-driven, membership organization dedicated to information, advocacy, research and education focused on learning disabilities (LD).
The mission of Learning Disabilities Association of Minnesota is to maximize the potential of children, youth and adults with learning disabilities or related learning difficulties so that they and their families lead more productive and fulfilled lives.